• March 5Girls basketball team is #10 seed in Nor Cal playoffs. Will play #7 Clovis Wed.

• February 28Congratulations to our girls’ basketball team who had a big win Feb 27 vs. Foothill in Sacramento. Final score: 58-50.

• February 28Congratulations to the Advanced Choir, Men’s Ensemble, and women’s Choir who all scored a Superior at the competition yesterday at Delta

Boys’ Varsity Volleyball Plans to Take VOL Championship

Anjru de Leon, News Editor

On February 24th, 2018, Lathrop High hosted it’s first annual Lathrop Boys’ Volleyball tournament. More than a dozen schools attended the event, ultimately fundraising a great deal of money for the Boys’ Volleyball program.

Though losing their first scrimmage against Buhach Colony on February 19th and 2 out of  the 4 games they played on February 24th, the Lathrop Boys’ Volleyball Team came very close to achieving victories in the earlier tournament matches.

In addition, the Spartans continue to make major strides in performance at practice and are improving their skills at an exponential rate.

According to Coach Treltas, most commonly known as ‘Coach T’, “Communication is our only problem, but we have improved mentally, physically, and emotionally since last season; through team bondings, team strategy, and team participation, we will be able to fix that.”

Players on the Boys’ Volleyball team describe the team’s strongest attribute as unity and its family atmosphere which allows new players to easily assimilate.

The LHS Volleyball team plans and aspires to take the VOL Championship title, despite being a 2 year old team.Such a feat appears to be more than possible, if not realistic. “This team is no longer inexperienced, we’re seasoned and we’re good,” Coach T said.

Watch the Boys Volleyball’s first official game at home as they take on the Hilmar High School Hornets on March 5th.